Rovbase is a management tool accumulate and verify information on the distribution and occurrence of carnivores, the depredation on livestock of carnivores, and the compensation for depredation of carnivores on livestock.
The database consists of both a production database (login required) and a web-site for public access to data. The production database may contain information not displayed in the public web-site. The difference is caused by the need to limit access to sensitive information, determined e.g. by cases still undergoing verification, police investigation or where disclosure may compromise sensitive information on persons involved.
As of today's date the database contains the following data:
- 126 859 carnivore damages on sheep
- 46 656 carnivore damages on semidomesticated reindeer
- 173 127 carnivore observations
- 14 762 dead carnivores
- 118 970 DNA samples
- Ca 2 000 applications for compensation for damages on sheep per annum
- Ca 500 applications for compensation for damages on semi-domesticated reindeer per annum
Version 3.0.1028 Produksjon 16.01.2020